Having mold in your home is a serious issue you cannot handle with levity. Molds can be found anywhere and can grow on anything. Mold can grow in your home faster than you can imagine, as long as there is adequate moisture to support its growth. Meanwhile, it is crucial to deal with mold in
Having mold in your home is a serious issue you cannot handle with levity. Molds can be found anywhere and can grow on anything. Mold can grow in your home faster than you can imagine, as long as there is adequate moisture to support its growth.
Meanwhile, it is crucial to deal with mold in your house as soon as you notice it. Mold’s spores can cause health issues such as breathing difficulties, allergies, infections, asthma, and lots more. As a result, make your home mold-free.
When you turn on your humidifier, there will be more moisture for mold to grow. Long hot showers and cooking with uncovered pots can also increase the humidity level and enable mold to grow and spread. The most conspicuous place you can find mold is on your windows. So, do not delay to deal with mold immediately you notice it in your house.
If you noticed mold build-up on your windows and you are looking for ways to deal with it, follow the tips below:
If you experienced a flash flood, roof leak, or pipe damage in your home, call for water damage restoration to clean up the water and dry wet flows, wet walls, wet carpets, and furniture.
Water damage restoration should be carried out professionally; else, there will be mold growth in the house.
To deal with mold in your home, cut off the survival link of mold. Turn off your humidifier and turn on a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from your home.
3. Open the Windows
Getting rid of mold on your window requires opening the window to let in the fresh air and excess humidity.
4. Clean the Windows
To deal with mold build-up on your windows, you need to clean up the mold up. However, you are advised to wear safety glasses, a face mask, and protective gloves because of chemical reactions when you start the cleaning.
You can use a plastic scraper to remove mold build-up from your windows or mix some drops of dish detergent with warm water to clean the windows with paper towels.
You can also mix a half cup of bleach with a gallon of water to scrub the windows’ surfaces with a rag. However, leave the mixture on the mold build-up for about 15 minutes to disinfect mold spores on the windows.
Rinse the windows and frames with clean water. Let the windows and frames dry entirely. Dispose of the paper towel and rag responsibility. Disinfect your gloves, and keep them away.
Follow the above tips to deal with mold build-up on your windows. Stay safe by making your home mold-free.